Terms of Hire FDE
Payment & Booking Fee:
- A deposit of 50% is required to secure a booking. No booking will be confirmed until we receive this minimum booking fee together with the completed booking sheet.
- Should a booking be made within 7 days prior to the event, 100% of the invoice is payable to confirm the booking.
- Please use your invoice number as a reference number on your payment. Failure to do this may result in delays in confirming your booking.
- Please e-mail your Proof of Payment.
- By paying the booking fee, the client accepts the Fire Desire Entertainment Terms of Hire.
- Please note that once we have sent you an official invoice, we will provisionally hold the booking for 48 hours only. Should we not receive the deposit within 48 hours, we cannot guarantee the availability of your preferred performers.
- The remainder of the invoice needs to be settled 24 hours prior to the event.
- A 20% late payment fee will apply should the invoice not be settled within 7 days after the event.
- We only accept payments by Cash or EFT.
The booking fee is non-refundable should the client decide to cancel or change, all or part of the booking, for any reason whatsoever.
Once you have paid the deposit, we commit 100% to your event and we expect the same from you.
- Each act has a certain time allocated to it.These will usually be stated on your invoice.
- Sometimes the times can be broken up over the course of an hour, but this requires prior arrangement.
- Should you require additional performance time, this will be charged accordingly.
- Experience has taught us to expect some delays, especially with big events. We do plan for this and try to be as flexible as possible. However, there is a point where we have to draw the line, especially if our artists need to perform at another event in a later time slot.
- We reserve the right to charge a penalty fee of R500 per dancer should your event run more than an hour late.
- Should the schedule run late for more than 1.5 hours, we may elect to cut short the performance time. Worst case scenario would be that we have to cancel the performance entirely. The booking fee in this case is non-refundable.
- We follow very strict Fire Safety Procedures that insure our performances are extremely safe.
- If the performance area does not meet our requirements as stated in our Fire Safety documentation, we may have no choice but to cancel the performance. The booking fee in this case is also non-refundable.
- The safety of your guests is a top priority. Neither Fire Desire Entertainment, nor our performers can be held liable for any damage or injury that might occur during or by performances, for any reason whatsoever.
- There are no sick days in our industry. We will do everything in our power to ensure that the show goes on. Should our performer fall so ill that they absolutely cannot make it to your event, their car bursts into flames on the way to the event, or anything else keeps us from performing as booked, we will do everything in our power to replace the performer. Failing that, we will refund you for any entertainment that did not happen and offer you a free artist for a future date.
For outdoor functions: In the event of adverse weather conditions, depending on the severity, it is the client’s responsibility to provide a suitable alternative venue. If this cannot be provided then the fee will remain payable in full. We cannot be held liable for bad weather.
Refreshments & Food
Should your booking fall over a meal-time, such as dinner, it is common curtesy in our line of work that performers be provided with a meal and refreshments while they are at your event. If our participation in your event is short and there isn’t sufficient time to enjoy a meal, please provide our performers with the curtesy of some water or soft drinks. Performing is thirsty work.
Clients who are booking on behalf of a third party (agents, event managers etc.) will be responsible for ensuring that the terms and conditions as stated here have been passed on to and understood by their own clients.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Fire Desire Entertainment (Pty) Ltd
Bruno (Director): +27 72 033 5535